Pages

Week from Hell

I won't bother with any of the sordid details of my week. To be totally honest it was probably the most stressful week since my retirement.

I'd did meet a new friend that loves my place as much as I do. It was nice find someone else that values their peace and privacy.  She is so like my Mother it was amazing.  I felt like I'd had a chance to have a little closure with my Mom. As the week progressed I'd realized she really wasn't like my Mom and I was projecting a little. She really was more like my Mom's crazy sister.  We did some pretty fun things, we spent quite a bit of time together.  She'd slept over a couple of nights and it was like a slumber party from my childhood.  "the neat freak" had to sleep on the floor.  He is such a trooper, we didn't have any extra bedding so his mattress was towel and his arm was his pillow. He did have the luxury of a sleeping bag. My new friend and I hogged the futon. It was a lot more fun because we got to drink beer and smoke. Couldn't do that when I was a kid EVER.  I'd spent a couple of very long days helping her do some work organizing and selling some of her beautiful antique collection.  When the work was done so was my relationship with my "crazy Aunt".  I'd decided that "the neat freak" and I are really all that sociable.

The week wasn't totally a wash because I did finally got my drivers license.And I'd only missed 3 questions on the written test. I also had to take the actual driving test. I'd not done that since I went to truck driving school. My new friend had gone with me and it was exciting to share my joy with "Crazy Aunt".

Ever since it expired after I retired I stopped driving and paying the state of Illinois for the privilege of driving on unkempt roadways.  I'd replaced my nice car with a "hooptie"and had "the neat freak" do all of the driving.  In the last 7 years I bet I've only driven a hand full of times and yes most of those times did end with a nice police officer telling me I really should get my license as he hands me the ticket and I watch our vehicle being towed away".  I have had to spring my car from the impound lot a couple of times.  So now I am totally legal for the road. One other wonderful thing did happen. I discovered that I do not need glasses to drive anymore. My eyes are 100% perfect.

It's hard to believe that everything we experienced(and I'm only telling you the "not crazy" parts happened in just 5 days.  It was a fast and crazy trip to hell.

With that I shall wrap up my blog.  Hope you all enjoy sharing in my adventure.


Yours Truly,

The Fair Weather Farm Girl a.k.a  "The Shit Tornado" ask "The Neat Freak".

No comments:

Post a Comment